To re-enforce our in-house IT development team, we are looking for a Hardware Engineer.
As Hardware Engineer you will be part of the R&D team, responsible for the development and improvement of the next-generation smart connectivity modules for electrical vehicles.
You will work on the continuous development and improvement of the hardware for the smart connectivity modules and play an active role in all lifecycle phases (from conception, through design, development to verification and validation and production) to make our smart connectivity solutions even smarter.
You will work on multiple features alongside the following road map:
- Integration of different e-vehicle interfaces (serial, CAN bus) to connect to motor controller and battery management system
- Integration of GPRS and Bluetooth connectivity
- Integration with the IoT cloud platform
- Remote diagnosis
- Anti-theft protection
You will join a team of experienced hardware, firmware and software engineers. At the same time you will also work closely together with both embedded software engineers and mobile app developers.
We apply an agile approach for the development to achieve continuous result driven deliveries in a timely manner.
Your responsibilities will encompass:
- Schematic design and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout
- Developing and testing proof-of-concept and prototype hardware solutions
- Initiate, support and overview procurement and manufacturing processes
- Market surveys for sourcing
- Stay up-to-date with technology advances and propose future opportunities
- Your love for technology and its challenges is undivided and you are passionate about developing hardware for smart IoT solutions in embedded systems to contribute to mastering the 21st century’s mobility challenges.
- You have strong, proven experience in the circuit design for electronic hardware projects proven by your projects.
- You hold a master degree in electronics engineering or the equivalent by experience.
- You are a great team worker and you can inspire & guide other team members.
- You possess excellent technical communication skills.
- You worked successfully on low level and serial communication interfaces as well asIoT application interfaces in successful projects (I2C, CAN bus, UART, USB, ATcommands, MQTT).
- Your results are always well documented and tested to ensure the maximum productquality.
- Spirit to work in a start-up environment
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Excellent teamwork competencies
- Sound analytical skills
- Service and customer oriented
We are operating in an international environment. A high English skill in speaking and writing is recommended.
What we offer
- A work spot at Corda Campus – the leading tech campus in the Euregio – with plenty of facilities on site. The right vibes to get inspired and just outside the city of Hasselt making it easily accessible by car, public transport (a train station within walking distance with very frequent connections to all surrounding cities), and safe cycle and footpaths leading directly to the campus.
- The unique chance to become a key role player in a fast-growing, open-minded, respectful, culturally interesting company with a lean structure.
- Highly competitive salary package.
Are you the one we are looking for? Send us your CV and motivation letter.