To re-enforce our in-house IT development team, we are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer.
As Embedded Software Engineer you will be part of the R&D team, responsible for the development and improvement of the next-generation e-Motion smart connectivity modules for electrical vehicles.
You will join a team of experienced hardware, firmware and software engineers who have succeeded in fielding a smart connectivity solution embedded into an e-bike mounted tablet.
With fielding of the new product line of smart connectivity modules, we distil / separate the smart connectivity solution into independent modules to support a broader spectrum of electrical vehicles.
You will work on the continuous development and improvement of the firmware for the smart connectivity modules and play an active role in all lifecycle phases (from conception, through design, development to verification and validation) to make our smart connectivity solutions even smarter.
You will work on multiple features alongside the following road map:
- Integration of different e-vehicle interfaces (serial, CAN bus) to connect to motor controller and battery management system
- Integration of GPRS and Bluetooth connectivity
- Integration with the IoT cloud platform
- Remote diagnosis
- Anti-theft protection
You will be closely working together with both hardware engineers and front/back-end as well as mobile app developers to make the smart connectivity solutions an unforgettable and unmissable experience to our growing customer base. We apply an agile approach for the development to achieve continuous result driven deliveries in a timely manner.
- Your love for technology and its challenges is undivided and you are passionate about developing smart IoT solutions in embedded systems to contribute to mastering the 21st century’s mobility challenges.
- You have strong, proven experience in the electronic product development (HW & SW) proven by your projects.
- You hold a master degree in electronics engineering or the equivalent by experience.
- You are a great team worker.
- You can balance your time in actual developing (producing) and leading / guiding theteam.
- You possess excellent technical communication skills
- You are an STm32 microcontroller expert and developed firmware for the MCU in successful projects in the past.
- You can write clean C and C++ code for embedded applications and you are familiar with object-oriented concepts.
- You have working/coding experience with BLE, GPRS and GPS.
- You worked successfully on low level / serial communication interfaces in successful projects (I2C, CAN bus, UART, USB, AT commands).
- You are familiar with network communication, including TCP/IP & MQTT.
- Your results are always well documented and tested to ensure the maximum product quality.
- You are not afraid to dive into hardware schematics to understand the hardware architecture.
- You have experience in IT project management
- Spirit to work in a start-up environment
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Excellent teamwork competencies
- Sound analytical skills
- Service and customer oriented
We are operating in an international environment. A high English skill in speaking and writing is recommended.
What we offer
- A work spot at Corda Campus – the leading tech campus in the Euregio – with plenty of facilities on site, the right vibes to get inspired and just outside the city of Hasselt making it easily accessible by car, public transport (a train station within walking distance with very frequent connections to all surrounding cities), and safe cycle and footpaths leading directly to the campus.
- Become a key role player in a fast-growing, open-minded, respectful, culturally interesting company with a lean structure.
- Highly competitive salary package.
Are you the one we are looking for? Send us your CV and motivation letter.